Cosmetic Dentistry in Long Beach
Experienced, high-tech cosmetic dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry is the art of repairing, aligning or whitening teeth to give patients a more aesthetic smile, boosting their confidence and self-esteem.
Dr. Pakiz is highly experienced and knowledgeable in the field of cosmetic dentistry. He has taken many advanced courses in aesthetic and restorative dentistry, and makes sure to keep up with the latest in dental procedures and technology to be able to provide the hightest-quality care.
Dr. Pakiz’s unique approach to dentistry involves helping patients achieve beautiful, natural smiles with the minimal amount of cosmetic procedures needed.
Our unique approach to Cosmetic Dentistry
Dr. Pakiz follows a conservative approach to cosmetic dentistry. This means that rather than recommending a wide variety of cosmetic procedures, he will create a treatment program that uses as little dentistry as possible in order to create the results you want.
Use of Invisalign®
Invisalign is a very important tool used in Dr. Pakiz’s conservative approach to cosmetic dentistry. Often, cosmetic issues are caused by crooked teeth or bite misalignment, and by using Invisalign Dr. Pakiz can cut down on the amount of cosmetic dentistry needed to give you a beautiful smile. Sometimes after Invisalign clear teeth straightening, only teeth whitening or a few crowns are needed in order to give patients the smile they always wanted. Addressing bite alignment first will also make the results of cosmetic treatment stable and long-lasting.
Smile makeover procedure
Though smile makeovers are tailored specifically to each patient, below is an overview of the steps we often employ during cosmetic treatment:
Full oral examination
Dr. Pakiz will perform a comprehensive exam to get a full understanding of your oral health so he can recommend the best treatment options for you. This exam is very thorough and includes any necessary X-rays, full periodontal probing, a visual oral examination, gathering your full medical and dental history, and any other diagnostics needed.
3D Impressions using the ITERO™ scanner
Next, Dr. Pakiz will use our high-tech intraoral scanner, the ITERO, to create digital 3D impressions of your teeth—a faster, more comfortable and more accurate alternative to having patients bite down on plastic molds filled with messy putty.
Teeth Straightening with Invisalign
For Invisalign patients, we will send your 3D impression to Invisalign to have your custom trays created. Invisalign treatment can help cut down on the amount of restorative work needed to improve your smile.
Determining if dental restorations are needed
Dr. Pakiz will evaluate your smile to lay out a custom treatment plan, which may include the creation and placement of dental restorations such as crowns and veneers.
Wax-up model and test drive of your smile
For more extensive smile makeovers, Dr. Pakiz will create a wax model of your mouth as it will appear once the smile makeover is completed, then show it to you and explain everything that is going to be done.
Afterward, he will create a “trial smile” that is made from temporary plastic that you can wear in your mouth for a day. This enables you and your friends and family to see what your new smile will look like, so you can decide whether or not you like it as-is or want any changes made.
Once your restorations come back from the lab, Dr. Pakiz will have you come in to have them placed. He will will ensure that everything is just right and that you are fully satisfied with your new smile.
Cosmetic procedures we use to create beautiful, natural smiles
One or more of the following are generally used in a cosmetic smile makeover:
- Invisalign — a system that uses clear, plastic trays called “aligners” to straighten teeth and correct bite alignment issues.
- Crowns — natural-looking crowns are used to protect and restore damaged, decayed or unsightly teeth.
- Dental Bridges — these are used to fill in a gap caused by a missing tooth or teeth. The bridge is made up of two crowns with a false tooth or teeth between them. These crowns are placed over the natural teeth on either side of the gap, and the false teeth rest between them, filling in the gap to create a more aesthetic smile.
- Veneers — thin sheets of porcelain or acrylic custom-designed to fit over an individual tooth in order to cover blemishes such as chips, stains, discolorations and more.
- Dental bonding — an affordable alternative to veneers where a tooth-colored resin is molded, polished and hardened over an existing tooth to cover blemishes and chips.
- Teeth whitening — We offer both in-house and take-home teeth whitening treatments to make your smile brighter and more visually appealing.
- Dental Implants—Dental implants are used to replace a missing tooth and fill a gap so your remaining teeth don’t shift and become crooked. Our implants are done by an oral surgeon Dr. Pakiz has been working with for many years.
- Tooth-colored fillings — An aesthetic alternative to amalgam (metal) fillings, these fillings are made of a tooth-colored composite resin so that they blend in with the natural color of your enamel tooth-colored-filling.
Conditions cosmetic dentistry can fix
- Chipped or broken teeth — these can be fixed with porcelain veneers, dental bonding or crowns, depending on the severity of the damage
- Gaps or spacing issues — these can be corrected with Invisalign, or through the use of veneers or dental bonding if necessary
- Missing teeth — missing teeth can be replaced using dental implants, bridges, or dentures, depending on the number of missing teeth and your budget
- Crooked teeth — Dr. Pakiz will generally use Invisalign to fix crooked teeth, though it is also possible to cover them using veneers or dental bonding
- Too-small or misshapen teeth — these can be covered up using veneers or crowns, or reshaped using dental bonding
- Old silver fillings — these can be replaced with tooth-colored fillings, or covered with a crown
- Stained or discolored teeth — This can be handled with teeth-whitening treatments, or covered up with veneers, dental bonding or crowns if the discoloration is too severe
Before and Afters
Before: Patient has 4 Upper Anterior Crowns (caps) that are poor in color and shape.
After: Smile restored and enhanced with 4 Upper Anterior All Porcelain Crowns. The color/shade matches the patient’s natural enamel and the two Central Incisors were lengthened to create a more natural smile.
Before: Patient unhappy with six upper anterior teeth. The edges are uneven, the gumline is uneven on the two central incisors, and the color/shade is not uniform. The two lateral incisor teeth have been previously restored and are poorly shaped.
After: Smile restored with 6 upper anterior crowns that are properly shaped, gumline is uniform, and color/shade is the same for all 6 incisor teeth
- Smile Gallery – 1
- Smile Gallery – 2
“I have a better smile, straight teeth and a healthy mouth…”
“Dr. Pakiz and his team make a routine trip to the dentist feel like a special treat. The office is so calming and beautifully decorated, and Dr. Pakiz is gentle and patient while doing his work.
“All the staff are very knowledgeable about treatments and what works best for each person. Dr. Pakiz explains what is needed with every procedure and walks you through it so you fully understand what is happening.
“Thanks to Dr. Pakiz, I have a better smile, straight teeth and a healthy mouth, and I actually enjoy going to dentist appointments!”
– Allison, Invisalign
“From fillings to crowns and Invisalign, all the outcomes from my procedures have been fabulous!”
“Dr. Pakiz is a family friend, and when I moved to Long Beach I couldn’t wait to have him as my dentist! He and his staff are both professional and friendly, and the office is very welcoming. Whenever I walk in, the soothing, aromatic candles and spa-like atmosphere make me feel instantly at ease.
“The dental hygienists are thorough, take their time with you and answer any questions or concerns you may have. Any work I have had with Dr. Pakiz has been great! From fillings to caps and Invisalign, all the outcomes from my procedures have been fabulous!
“I recommend Dr. Pakiz to everyone!”
– Wendy, Cosmetic Dentistry
To make an appointment, call 562‑449‑4001 or click here to request an appointment online.